• put your amazing slogan here!

    CD Cover


    This is the front to my CD cover. I am VERY pleased with this. I work at a drum shop called "Mark's Drum Depot" where there are many guitars laying around. I shot this (very poor) image of the guitar. I didn't care about lighting or colour or anything. Because I knew I wanted a filter. This filter is called "cutout" and has the PERFECT look to it. Especially in black and white. It makes it very drawn in looking. Then I had to choose a font. Unpleased with what photoshop is built with, I explored online. I finally stumbled across the font of "Sketch Block" and I loved it. The name of "Andante Saltzman" has a little meaning. My distant relatives are the "Saltzman" and the word "Andante" is actually a music term: A tempo description. I then duplicated the text and blurred it out making shadows. Noticed how I added another shadow in the hole of the guitar further down? Finally, I made a small artistic depth by selecting each string and making it its own layer. That way it is in front of the text. (Note: the title means "Classical Photography" in Italian)

    Here's the inside of the CD cover. This is simply the strings on the guitar with the same filter as the cover for uniformity.

    This is the back cover to the CD cover. Now, this one was the trickiest. I wanted the letters to look like they were hovering over the guitar. Which meant I had to add that perspective on the letters and then duplicate the text and make a shadow. The the guitar's surface was not flat. I selected the strings and distorted the shadows that fell onto them and deleted all shadows that fell "inside" the guitar.

    1 comments:

    1. The front and back are pretty well done. The back is missing the side titles where the fold would be and the inside is missing the text as required from the worksheet. It would have been nice to see more images.

      ReplyDelete

    Alert

    Pages

    Powered by Blogger.

    Popular Posts

     

    Meet The Author

    Experience

    About Me

    This blog is a display for Tim Scaletta's photography class assignments.