• put your amazing slogan here!

    Abandoned


     I had to think a lot about what "abandoned" could be. I was drawn to the animal shelter. I went there and asked the volunteers if they minded if I went around and took some photos of the dogs. Problem was, they were all so gosh darn happy. They do a very good job with taking care of their animals. But fortunately, I managed to find a couple of sad looking dogs, like these two beagles. I took the saturation and turned it almost all they way down for a depressing looking atmosphere.


    Again, I took the saturation way down but this time I used a heavy vignette to darken it up.



    I had my brother hold a toy out in front of him to put his little paws on the cage and look down. I feared his expression would be that of excitement (as it was when the picture was taken). But as soon as I upped the contrast and converted to black and white, we have a sad, abandoned puppy here.

    2 comments:

    1. OMG! A student who went out and really looked for this subject-what a breath of fresh air! I like these a lot-you captured what that word abandoned can mean and it can be quite dramatic-nicely done.

      ReplyDelete
    2. Tim -- What a sensitive set of photos! You are to be commended for seeing "abandoned" in a completely different way. Thanks for the visuals that tug at the heart strings. From a real dog lover. -- Jerry NHS'55

      ReplyDelete

    Alert

    Pages

    Powered by Blogger.
     

    Meet The Author

    Experience

    About Me

    This blog is a display for Tim Scaletta's photography class assignments.