• put your amazing slogan here!

    Light as Subject


    Shutter: 1/60     Aperture: f/3.6     Exposure: Portrait Mode      Focal Length: 27.6 mm      ISO Speed: 100

     I used light in this photograph to focus the drums. As each drum gets more and more out of focus, the light on that drum decreased making it very abstract. It has a rather, sunset feeling to me. Not sure why...




    Shutter: 1/6     Aperture: f/2.8     Exposure: Portrait Mode     Focal Length: 4.7 mm      ISO Speed: 100
     This light in this photograph is revealing the amazing hand craftsmanship on the bottom of my ride cymbal. This process of making that cymbal used earthy and primitive tools. It is covered in a small layer of dirt, which gives at an incredibly dark and dry sound. The light reflecting from the drums also reveals the imprints of a smith's hammer. I cropped this photo to focus less on the drums and more on the curves and shapes of the shells. There was a roll of tape on the ground but I used photoshop's "clone stamp" tool to brush it out. 



    Shutter: 1/30     Aperture: f/2.8     Exposure: Portrait Mode     Focal Length: 4.7 mm     ISO Speed: 100
    This is a top view of my low tom. I've shown this before. The texture of the drum head. I emphasized this with creating a shadow half way on the drum. I then cropped it so it is half light and half dark, making at abstract. There was a "Remo" logo on the drum but I used photoshop's "clone stamp" tool to brush it out. 

    0 comments:

    Post a Comment

    Alert

    Pages

    Powered by Blogger.
     

    Meet The Author

    Experience

    About Me

    This blog is a display for Tim Scaletta's photography class assignments.