• put your amazing slogan here!

    Composition in Photography



    Probably one of my favorite pictures I've taken before. Well, there is a lot wrong with it, but still, one of my favorites. I used a 60 second shutter to capture all the light from the moon and stars. Even with only 60 seconds, you can see a small star trail. Which, being into science, I love the way this shows how fast the earth rotates (1,040 miles per hour, by the way). Anyway, back to photography. I tweaked the photo a bit. I made the rather grey sky a nice twilight blue. This however, created a yellow looking moon (side note: I tried to save the shape of the moon, but due to the amount the shutter was open, it was too bright and burned in). I hope this doesn't confuse anyone as the "mythical night sun".
    - Tim@digitalstudios



    This photo is a display of both straight and diagonal lines. Now, this isn't too terribly exciting for a photo, but it works. The contrast of the freshly stained wood and the leaves are nice. That is why I, ever so slightly, increased the saturation.  (note: this photo does not display the rule of thirds)
    - Tim@digitalstudios


    This is a photograph of a cymbal and a drum, which displays "Curves". There isn't too much to say about this one. Other than the fact I used photoshop to take some of the brightness away on the Remo drumhead. Which, by the way, you will be seeing a lot more of on this blog site. They are created of an artificial animal skin and have the most amazing texture.
    - Tim@digitalstudios 




    This is a similar photograph to the one above. However, I converted this one to black and white so our eyes can see the curves a little bit more. Also, I focused instead on the drum head, not the cymbal. Now we can start to see that amazing texture I love so much.
    - Tim@digitalstudios






    "Linee Orizzontali - Horizontal Lines" by Carlo Tardani
    This photograph displays extreme horizontal lines.  Also, the windows and subjects are following the rule of thirds in this picture.




    (no title)  by ashmir

     My absolute idol is a cellist named Steven Sharp Nelson. He is very young and has reconstructed how everyone today plays the cello. From playing percussion on it, to using an electric cello, and to composing classical masterpieces, I have developed an extreme fascination with the instrument and especially the curves in its body. And this amazing photo shows the amazing detail and curves in the instrument.

    "Zig Zag Pier" by Magdalen Green Photography
    It is very difficult to find a zig zag pattern in nature (trust me, it was my assignment this week). This photographer found a great subject that showed zig zags.





    "Rule of Thirds?" by Garry

    This photo taken by Flickr user "Gary", said that he stumbled across this old photograph and since he never follows and of the "rules" of photography, he decided this was worth posting because of the strong sense of the rule of thirds.  

     

    1 comments:

    Alert

    Pages

    Powered by Blogger.

    Popular Posts

     

    Meet The Author

    Experience

    About Me

    This blog is a display for Tim Scaletta's photography class assignments.